Tuesday, January 29, 2008

first week of class

To all new students who may have stumbled across this...I emailed some general notes for those of you that had email addresses. If you know people taking the class who may not have received it, pass it along. In any case, check back here for additional info, notes, and crits each week. Feel free to email me any questions you have as they crop up, technical and otherwise and I'll post answers here so your classmates can benefit.

For the first class.
Bring in a written description of your goals for this course. a paragraph will do. describe what you’d like to focus on (dialogue/acting, more fluid motion, better weight) - (this isn't an interrogation, I just want to know what you'd like to get out of the class).

Ball bounce exercise (to be done this week or next)
This will not be for a grade, but rather to allow me to evaluate how you handle basic physics.
Believe me...the bouncing ball is never a remedial exercise, rather a useful tool to hone in on timing and spacing issues that invariably crop up.

For next week. TBD
Ball bounce animation for those who didn't receive one. Cycle to be determined on Thursday.

But most importantly, let's all do some great work and have fun...the course is essentially a month of cycles, a prop interaction, an acting piece, and a personal piece. There's a lot of range within those categories to do some great work, so get your ideas going!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
Looks like it's going to be a good class! I've been following your blog for a few months and really like your posts and critiques.
Do you happen have copies of those notes on Flooby Nooby's blog, that you linked to previously, that you can bring to class for us? The files appear to be missing from his blog now and I've been really wanting to check these out.
Thanks,
Joey

jeff said...

I do. They should be on the school server at the moment under my last class, anm 498.1 from the fall, but I'll be sure to flood you with information, not to worry.