Friday, January 25, 2008

thumbnailing


I can't stress the importance of planning..

head over to TJ's blog to see some outstanding thumbnailing for animation. I posted a rough I did for a recent animation here at work. In game animation, you often do VERY fast action, which means your breakdown frames are extremely important. My thumbnailing is a lot rougher than TJ's, and I vary how I thumbnail depending on the type of shot I do (and let's face, that guy can draw!). I will say this...it's easier and valid to do your thumbnailing by posing in maya, but every time i take the time to physically draw out my poses, the animation benefits. This is because you're thinking about what's going on in the body and making those decisions right away. That's where the animation happens.

1 comment:

TJ Phan said...

Oh shoot--that's pretty brutal!! Can't wait to see that move animated!