Friday, May 9, 2008

my run cycle (iron man gameplay footage)



i've been so wrapped up with our project and teaching, i've had almost no time to do any personal work, something I do as much as possible. I didn't have much to do with the Iron Man game...almost nothing, but they did ask me to redo the Escape Suit run cycle. I had about a day to do it. In games, there's a lot stacked against you...the animation had to travel at a set speed with a set number of frames. In this case I think it was about a 30 frame cycle sped up in code, so I had maya play it at 40fps to simulate what it would look like in engine. Game animation doesn't have as many cycles as you might think...for the most part, it's quick actions, but the cycles that are in are used a LOT, so they have to be fluid, and with as much character as possible.

In any case, here it is, in all it's glory.

No comments: