Thursday, August 7, 2008

demo reel tips, et al.

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4

It's been a slow summer of posting for me - I'll pick up the pace in a few weeks when class resumes. In the meantime, I've been working on some in depth tutorials and will be putting up 2 soon.

The first will be my process. Process descriptions are often similar - any animator worth their salt spends a lot of time on planning and strong posing, but once the computer is involved, all sorts of technical considerations are there to be either tackled or ignored. More details to come once I get my lazy tuchas in gear.

In the meantime, for those of you who haven't landed jobs yet, watch Carlos Baena's vids on demo reel tips. One thing I'll pass on, is to keep refining. These days, it's all about polish. If you have a dialogue piece that is just ok, hammer at it until it's a stellar piece of entertainment. If you're stuck, do another one with the intent of replacing it.

For those gearing up for Siggraph, I'm more than happy to look at your reels before you go.

all for now..

No comments: