Tuesday, April 6, 2010

how much should you practice?

according to Shawn Kelly...

"For myself, I just added up on a calculator all the time I spent studying/practicing animation in school (including stuff like figure drawing), time with my mentors, and animating on my own. I added all of that up, and it turns out that my animation education time before landing my dream job at ILM was 18,400 hours"

It took me about 5 years before I was lucky enough to land my first job, and a LOT of practice (something that never ends)

4 comments:

Evan said...

ohh mannnn
Lotsa work ahead of me I guess.

Good thing it's work I like doing! =)

rtfgvb7809 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Julie said...

This is a good reminder that it takes a lot of time and hard work to get where you want to be.

Anonymous said...

You have to be slightly mad to devote so much time to one particular thing, right?